Lip products are likely the beauty item I change up the most. I separated all of these into colors as opposed to formulas because I wear similar shades throughout the year- but often in very different tones & levels of brightness! Keep reading to check out my favorites from all of 2014 & don’t forget to check out my other beauty favorites from 2014 at the bottom!
- EOS Lip Balms– I’ve shared these balms so much over the years- from the recent Rachel Roy releases to my beloved Alice in Wonderland collection…I just can’t seem to get enough! I’ve reviewed some newer balms that are extra moisturizing from EOS that I seem to be reaching for most…but Ryan uses Summer fruit almost every night. They’re definitely a staple in our house! (Review/Demo here)
- The Body Shop Lip Balm in Pink Grapefruit– This was such a shock- but I’m in LOVE with this balm! I keep it next to my computer & apply it every morning when I sit down to work. The texture is great but it is the scent that really makes it onto this list- a true energizing grapefruit perfect to wake me up in the morning!
- TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixirs– I really gave the first balm I purchased an unsure review…but honestly I just adore these. I’ve picked up several more since that first review including another La Vie En Rose, Salted Caramel, & Coco Noir. The lip feel is amazing. (Review/Demo here)
- Milani Anti-Feathering Clear Lipliner– I’ve been partial to clear lipliners for years- I even bought backstock of a brand that stopped making them! When Milani brought out this clear lip primer & line filler I had high hopes. It delivers. (Review/Demo here)
- NYX Retractable Lip Pencil in Nude Pink– Waterproof, neutral, & I don’t have to sharpen it? Yep this is definitely an old standby- with a particularly impressive price tag.
- Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner in Fuchsia– The newest liner to this list! I adore that like the beloved eyeliners (check them out here) this lipliner has amazing pigmentation & is always on point- literally! The tip remains pointed & always ready for my next pink lip look.
- It Cosmetics YLBB Nude Lip Liner Stain in Buff Nude– This is my least drying lipliner that actually stays put- likely because It Cosmetics finds a way to load tons of amazing ingredients into their products. I don’t rock a pale nude often but this is the perfect base for so many lip looks & the fact that it stays put really makes it come out on top.
- ELF Lip Exfoliator Scrub– A sweet brown sugar scrub combined with shea & oils & formed into the perfect lip scrub. That’s what this is. I’ve given these away to friends, as gifts, & even explained to people in Target why they needed to buy it. (PS they always do!) Although it eventually wears down a bit & I have to apply my own balm afterward this is still my #1 store-bought lip scrub & it is only $3. Can’t beat that.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Tumultuous Pink– I have this shade both as a mini & as a full size- so glad! I adore this brightened wearable pink so much- & you’ll be seeing this formula more below because it is fantastic. (Review/Demo here)
- Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color Lipstick in Strawberry Sorbet– I don’t own many strawberry shades & this was my first real absolute true love with the shade. This shade isn’t just pink but has some awesome red tones that are gorgeous & so different.
- Milani Color Statement Lip Gloss in Luminous– This is THE shade for the center of your lip to make them look fuller. & the formula on all of these are fantastic. (Review/Demo here)
- It Cosmetics Vitality Butter Gloss in Pretty in Pink– A stunning, soft pink with a buttery formula. The comfort alone! You need this pink & I’m actually wearing it right now. (Review/Demo here)
- Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic– A super saturated pink that comes with a tiny price tag. I adore this color & this formula & I am absolutely over the moon about them coming out with more shades! This pink is hot! (Review/Demo here)
- Buxom Full On Lip Polish Lip Gloss in Dolly– This is a classic mauve pink & I think it is likely their most popular shade? I am constantly getting them as options as bonuses & I take them up on it- this shade is perfect alone or over lipstick!
- Lancome Gloss in Love Lipgloss in Pink Carat– The newest of my pinks…& the most luxe! I actually have another bunch of shades in this formula so I’ll be reviewing soon but this one is a stunning topper that adds so much pink depth.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Potent– A perfect very light pink I often refer to as a neutral for my fair skin. The lip-hugging formuls gives a clean line without looking harsh. (Review/Demo here)
- Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Lip Color Lipstick in Coy– My personal favorite peach neutral for my fair skintone. A smaller applicator for a lipstick for precise application too! Both Mod & Sin were thiiiiis close to making my yearly list as well- this formula is gorgeous. (Review/Demo here)
- NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake– The absolute multi-tasking gloss! I know it is actually pink (many of my neutrals actual are!) but it is my favorite gloss to make too-nude colors look more wearable & lush. I’ve gone through a minimum of two tubes & have one in my purse at all times!
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind– A sweet, soft MLBB (my lips but better) pink shade for me. Beautiful.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme– Pretty much as nude as I get on my lips! From the formula to the tone this nude was one of the only in that color family to make me veer away from my usual soft pinks in place of them. I wore this a ton this year! (Review/Demo here)
REDS & CORALS:
- OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia– A blackened red that I just couldn’t get enough of for a deep, bold lip this year. Glam. (Review/Demo here)
- Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Gleaming Grenadine– This is my go-to red gloss without any shimmer. The formula stays put without being too tacky & is actually pretty pigmented too!
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life– Normally I steer clear of non-blue based reds because my teeth can look quite discolored…but this one is my jab. I love the color & the long wearing formula to match. (Review/Demo here)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Defiant Coral– Yes. YASSS. This coral was my jam basically all year…over liners, alone, used as a light application. I just couldn’t get enough. (Review/Demo here)
BERRY, PLUMS, & PURPLES:
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Grandest Grape– My first in this line after not being blown away by the more sheer shades- this is a gorgeous grape that is effortless to apply.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Raspberry Tart– A fabulous pure purple (not plum, not fuchsia, not berry) gloss that applies with decent pigmentation to add a bit of purple to any lip color. I really could’ve added all of these glosses to this list…
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in Plum Adagio– Such a fabulous deep, vamp shade- I was wearing it in my 2015 eye favorites video as well! The applicator is what convinced me to buy almost the entire line…so soft & luxe.
- Benefit Ultra Shines Lipgloss in Wild Child– I am honestly not sure where I actually got this one but the more sheer, very cool pinky purple gloss is just lovely over pretty much anything pink, neutral, or purple.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sangria– A vampy sangria lip shade says you’re there & you’re fabulous. The formula & scent on this entire line has me so excited for Milani to release more. (Review/Demo here)
& there you have it- all of my top lip picks from 2014 in all their glory. My most loved. Most used. & must haves of course. What were some of your favorites? Are any of these on your list? Anything I desperately need to check out for 2015?