To follow up my prior favorite post…we now come to face products. I really only chose my best of the best- the products I reached for time & time again. I’m currently across the US in California for IMATS LA 2015 & to visit my family- & a solid chunk of these are sitting in my travel bags right now because they’re just above & beyond fantastic! Check out my top picks from 2015 below!
- Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray in Original– My absolute favorite setting spray for really making my makeup last. I’ve been testing a ton this year but this my my ‘ol reliable. Which is a pretty impressive thing to be in my stash. (here’s a post where I used it to travel 12+ hours & another post where I wore to a very special event with photos with my husband!)
- Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray– The newest of my makeup sprays, this spray is spritzed on before makeup application to help make it really last. I used to spritz my original on beforehand but this does seem to work a tad better! Love how easy it is, especially in the warmer months! Full review here!
- Mario Badescu Skin Care Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, & Rosewater– My favorite facial spray when I need to either add a bit of moisture to face, body, or even hair. The scent is beautiful & it helps take away any tightness or powdery look from the face. & I love that I can walk right into ULTA & purchase it!
- Honorable Mention- Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray– This facial spray is SO close to the Mario Badescu but it is double the size! Granted it is a really great value but I wish they had a smaller option as this is just too big for a kit or to travel. This scent on this is my favorite though & it helps to take away any dryness or powdery appearance.
- It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer– My dry skin LOVES this primer so much. I honestly don’t remember what my skin looked like before falling in love with it…which is probably a good thing. Packed with a little less than a billion good-for-your-skin ingredients, this primer packs the ultimate hydration punch while making foundation appear flawless. Full review here!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer– My newest primer on this list…& one I don’t know what I’d do without now! It has this gorgeous iridescence that really helps brighten the undereyes & a texture that makes concealer apply like a dream on my dry-leaning undereyes. I actually can use the extra on my fingertips as eye primer as well! Mini review here as well with other winter must-haves!
- Ben Nye Cameo Luxury Powder– I normally don’t even talk much about powders here & the highlighter palette below is another powder that I like…but this one is perfect for setting concealer. I’ve had some seriously irritating skincare issues this year & if you don’t want concealer to move around setting is the easiest way. This powder in Cameo (although the Ben Nye Banana Powder is easily the most famous) is one of the few non-translucent powders that really matches my skin while still being finely milled.
- Honorable Mention- It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination– Fair is my shade & illumination is my game! Because this is a more recent purchase I couldn’t quite in good conscience sneak it onto this list…but I AM loving it! & it is pressed! Praise!
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Full Coverage Anti-Aging Concealer– Want a concealer that will cover up obscene undereyes? Want it to last all day? Then this concealer is for you. Full review here!
- NYX HD High Definition Photogenic Concealer Wand– I’m a sucker for a great wand concealer & this is my absolute favorite for blemishes…& it just so happens to be affordable. Go me! Porcelain is actually light enough for me which is also some kind of magic in the concealer world.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener (Not Pictured)- Need to brighten up your undereyes in a hurry? I love this weird sponge top gadget & actually use it in those big triangle shades when I really have something to hide under my eyes.
- Pond’s Luminous Finish BB+ Cream– This drugstore BB cream kind of came out of nowhere but it looks SO nice on my dry skin! It isn’t as much coverage but it looks wonderfully healthy with an spf 15. In fact it made into this favorites + video!
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide– This foundation is pale girl friendly & just spectacular on my skin. The texture is ultra thin but the coverage is ultra gorgeous. You can see it in my full review & demo here. Full review & demo here!
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+– Fair is my perfect shade match & the coverage is by far the best from any BB/CC product. Healthy, comfortable, & contains a bangin SPF to boot. Check out my full review & demo here & this tutorial with video!
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup Foundation– This foundation is a favorite for me year after year & even makes it into my travel bag. Beautiful on its own but also my go-to for making certain foundations more dry skin friendly. The finish is stunning. You can see it in a ton of tutorials but this is still a favorite mixed in with another drugstore fav here!
- Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit– The kit that contains just about everything. I won’t even drone on & on about this (although I definitely could) so just go check out my full review & demo.
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil (not pictured)- The pencil that would never end…ended & I need to buy a new one! I love the universal taupe shade & the formula…plus the spooly is so handy! Full review & demo here!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette– The highlighting palette that took the world by storm also stole my heart. Containing three shades in different tones, I find myself reaching for this almost daily for both highlighting & setting makeup.
- It Cosmetics Hello Light Creme Illuminator– The be-all-end-all cream highlight when you don’t want to look like you are trying at all. So naturally amazing & buildable for ultra-sheen if you so please. Check out my full review…& my favorite brush to use with it when I’m not using my fingertips!
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01– This highlighter is everything I wanted to be plus like 50 other things. From the formula to the blendability to the stunning sheen…it is a must have. Check it out in this devoted review post!
- Benefit Rockateur Boxed Blush– I really wanted a Benefit boxed blush…but I didn’t actually take the plunge until Roackateur. Actually Ryan bought it for me after I wouldn’t stop petting it in a store. Whatever- just go read my Rockateur review alright?
- The Balm Down Boy Blush– The perfect soft pink. Fabulous formula. Easy to reach for. I sometimes use this or Cabana Boy for a week at a time then realize I’m in a blush coma. A beautiful blush coma. Check it out in one of my favorite tutorials ever!
- The Balm Frat Boy Blush– Just like Down Boy, Frat Boy is an easy to wear shade but in a soft coral. Perfect on my skintone & blends right in. I can’t imagine a summer or spring without it now. Check out my review here.
- Eddie Funkhouser Ultra Intensity Cheek Color in Plum Crazy– I reviewed this one not just once here with other products from the line but again when I teamed up with them for a holiday giveaway! Still my favorite & a gorgeous soft plummy shade.
- Lancome Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush in Rose Fresque (not pictured)- One of my old-school shades that I just KNOW goes with everything. If you haven’t touched it yet…well you should probably fix that. Here it is in a throwback kit!
- Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Stick Face Colour in Peach Glow– Normally products with sheen that are a cream aren’t something I find super flattering on me but something about this color & the formula is just goddess-like. Is it summer yet? Check out my review of this beautiful color!
- Butter London Cheeky Cream Blush in Honey Pie– For that perfect soft blush or a gorgeous base to make a lesser blush last longer! I just adore these cream blushes from Butter London so much! Here is my review with some of the other shades!
So there it is (finally!) & now we only have a few more of my 2014 favorites to go! No wait. Just one. & then my fails. Are you ready for some fails? What were your favorite face products this year? Anything I desperately need to add to my beauty arsenal?