When it comes to face makeup I seem to be obsessed with highlighting products the most. I don’t always wear bronzer & I really hop around when it comes to blushes but highlighters I have true love affairs with. If you ever watch my videos then you know I use my Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight (rave review here!) pretty consistently when reaching for a beautiful glow. Since I seem to be so attached to it I thought it was about time I invested in another highlight from Laura Mercier & after quite a bit of research I went for the Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in the shade Candlelight. Keep reading to see if Laura Mercier stole me heart yet again!
After many weeks of flip flopping I picked the Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight for two reasons- the shade & the method. I love my baked powder which I reviewed here & thought I’d go for something completely different so they wouldn’t be too similar. This loose powder comes in two shades- Starlight & Candlelight. While Starlight is a bit more yellow based Candlelight is a bit more nude/pink based. Yellow can look unnatural on me so I figured Candlelight was the easy choice!
Details from Laura Mercier-
- With the help of pure pearl powder and a rich Gemstone complex of diamonds, emeralds and other precious & semi-precious stones, skin tone is enhanced with its weight-less texture for a brighter, luminous look
- Contains the Gemstone Complex that captures and reflects light
- Perfect complement to eyes, cheeks or face
- Weightless texture enhances skin tone for a brighter, luminous look
- Discreet pigment infuses complexion with a warm radiance
Directions on how to apply the Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder-
- Empty a small amount into the lid of the jar and pick up using the desired brush
- Lightly tap the excess from the brush before applying
- To create an all-over glow, apply with the Powder or Finishing brush
- To accent cheekbones, apply using the Cheek Colour or Angled Cheek Colour Brush
I’ve been using this for months now & love it! Because it isn’t “heavy” looking it really shows up beautifully & makes it easier to use not just on my cheekbones lightly. I’ve been loving to use it in my usual C swoop from cheekbones to above my brow. What is different from many other highlighters is that I can mix a bit with a translucent setting powder & use under my eyes for brightening & to set my concealer. I love how neutral this looks on my skin- not yellow, pink, bronze, gold, or silvery. Very naturally pretty! If you want to see this much less natural eyeshadow look using Glamour Doll Eyes you can check it out here– I just love it so much!
Have you used any Laura Mercier highlighters? What do you think of this shade? What highlighters are you reaching for most right now?