Simple has taken my skincare routine by storm. For months I knew I was being too harsh on my skin. Too much scrubbing. Too much stripping. Too much unnecessary damage. Sometimes when I go through terrible breakouts (hormonal or stress induced usually) I tend to overreact. Getting back on track can be tough, especially during these hot humid months. So what is a girl to do? Well Simple totally had my back. Check out more details on my morning skincare routine using Simple products below!
1. The first thing I do to my skin in the morning is wash it! I’ve been absolutely loving the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser. Normally I can’t use foaming cleansers because I have dry skin but this doesn’t strip my skin which I definitely appreciate. This is super light, fast, removes grime from sleeping, & it also takes away any traces of makeup I might have missed the night before.
2. So I don’t use a scrub everyday because I usually use my Clarisonic which helps exfoliate gently but I tend to apply a scrub to more dry areas about 3 times a week. I’ve been opting for the Simple Kind to Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub because it is nice & fine. It feels like a lot of my high end scrubs. I apply very gently so it doesn’t irritate my skin at all.
3. I have eyelids that are a touch more dry than I prefer so I do this step next. Plus I do my eye makeup first so these products have to “sink in” before I start! I start with the Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On. I’ve heard some controversy about roll-on products around the eyes but I love it. It is slightly cooling which tends to perk up my tired looking eyes. It helps me wake up!
4. At night I use a heavy duty eye cream to really moisturize but during the day I need something a bit lighter. During summer I have to find something that lightly moisturizes & that won’t be too slick in the humidity when I wear eye makeup. Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm doesn’t contain anything unnecessary so it doesn’t dry out my skin. I don’t need the area around my eyes to smell good…I just think adding scent to products like this is odd! Thanks Simple for not just throwing things in there!
5. Next is the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner. For many years I didn’t use a toner but now my skincare routine feels lacking without it. I apply a splash to a cotton round then use gentle circular motions around my face.
6. My last step is probably the one I am most excited about for summer, a light moisturizer! The Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturizer is oil free & contains SPF 15. I find that I have to use something lighter in this humidity or my makeup will melt off my face! This is perfect, moisturizing & contains SPF while not being too much.
So there you have it! Simple has had my heart & I’ve loved everything I’ve tried so far. No animal derived ingredients, easy to follow instructions, & they don’t contain anything harsh on my skin. On top of all that,
you can find Simple products for a bargain price & at stores you likely frequent. I urge you to give them a shot! I have more favorites I’ll be sharing soon…I’m becoming a real convert!