For awhile now I’ve been on the hunt for an awesome set of headphones to start editing with. For those that have been around for awhile, I do have a youtube channel. Sadly when I got really sick I was able to keep up the blogging but not the videos, my voice was just too sick. Ever since I promised to get that back on track & to do that I needed an amazing pair of headphones that would withstand my rough household & provide amazing sound quality since I’m partially deaf. Tall order.
Needless to say when BlogHer partnered with the king of audio Monster I was in. I’ve never paid a lot for headphones, usually I just use them to workout with or listen to my audio books. I think that’s what was stalling me: How do I pick an expensive pair when I don’t really know what I need? Luckily, Monster came out with their N-Tude “Headphones with Attitude” & now I know why they are absolutely worth the price.
Obviously I could go into all the tech speak like techno noise isolation but that really isn’t my knowledge base. I don’t like to pretend I know all that jazz when you can just visit their site & read it for yourself. So what am I going to tell you about? Well, how about the things that make these headphones great for me personally using my own jargon?
1. First, the N-Tune Candy Collection colors are just fun. I am always drawn to color because it makes things so much easier for me to find. I have them in the shade Candy Tangerine but there are also shades like blue, green, purple, & red. Style!
2. They are incredibly durable. In fact, they claim to be virtually indestructible! You can even bend & twist the head band part (see I’m not technical!) without breakage! When you are clumsy, have lots of animals, a husband with very little attention to detail, & have a knack for misplacing items you’ll be psyched these are not only a bright orange metallic but pretty much unbreakable from a normal standpoint.
3. They fit! I have tiny ears, I mean pretty small. Normal in-ear headphones make my ears ache unless they are extremely small & even then I can’t stand them after awhile. I prefer headphones like this for extended use but often they are too big & engulf my ears awkwardly. These are secure but also extremely comfortable. Check out how cushy these ear pieces are, lush right? I wouldn’t wear them for hourse otherwise!
4. The sound quality is really great, even & easy to control. I always like headphones that drown out other noise because I’m partially deaf in one of my ears so that can be especially distracting. I also prefer that I’m not disturbing others & when wearing them people nearby don’t hear thing.
5. Let’s talk about the cord in general shall we? Not only is it tangle-free (rejoice!) but it includes a little button that lets me take calls when listening on my phone. Have a call? Push the button to answer. End call? Push button to hang up! So easy even I can do it!
So there you have it! I’m loving these headphones so much, my only complaint would be that I wish they came with a carrying case of some kind. They do come with a nice bag that is supposed to remove fingerprints & such though & since they’re “virtually indestructible” I guess they figured it works!
To win your very own pair of N-Tune headphones (valued at $150), read all about the Monster headphones here and let me know in the comments of this post which color you prefer. The comments on this post will be aggregated with the comments on the posts from the other bloggers participating in this review, and 25 pairs will be given away. This giveaway will close on Nov 1.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/2/13 – 11/1/13.