When it comes to splurge-worthy items hand care always comes to mind for me. I love doing nail posts for you guys but my cuticles do get try (especially with the cold weather!) & my nails do too. I work hard to take care of the skin on both my hands & feet but sometimes you need an extra boost! The gLOVE Treat products are a perfect fit & reusable! Keep reading to see my thoughts & TWO readers will win!
If you’ve been following me for any length of time then you know I bettle dryness- eczema, dry skin, allergies, etc. I just have it all going on. On top of that, I have really sensitive hands & feet- as a child I never got to wear any fun shoes ever. They made me break out or cut in. I still have scars from my teenage years where I totally pushed it. Like an idiot. Anyway- back on topic- dry, somewhat sensitive skin.
I don’t go to the salon or have services done very often. I’m very particular about my products & have had bad reactions in the past. Plus, I can’t justify getting my nails done with the 2,000+ bottles of polish in my stash. My husband would kill me! I work hard to maintain my skin but I have been needing something intensive. Something new. & something that wouldn’t totally kill my holiday fund. Glove Treat came by just in time & I’m so excited to show you the results!
From gLOVE Treat– Tired, dry and aging hands and feet are a thing of the past with gLOVE Treat. gLOVE Treat is a revolutionary paraffin wax treatment for hands and feet that delivers instant results with long-term, anti-aging benefits. A patent-pending formula and application process, gLOVE Treat is unique, quick, and easy to do and use. Because it’s a hygienic single application, there’s no mess, no fuss.
So let’s start with the basics since both of these products are VERY similar! One is for hands & one is for feet but the overall concept is identical!
So basically these are big plastic gloves or booties filled with high quality ingredients. You’re looking at some virgin coconut oil (great for dry skin!), multiple types of cosmetic grade liquid paraffin & wax, essential oils, & nothing harsh. They are paraben & sulfate free. They also contain no faux fragrance. The fragrance itself is delightful & something I lean towards naturally. The formulas contains both coconut & lavender oils which just smell so comforting to me. If you’ve ever stayed at my house then you know my bedroom always smells of lavender because I have anxiety & it helps me sleep! This is a combination I feel good about putting into my skin.
How to Use Them-
1. Each set comes in a sealed package. Rip that baby open & check them out. They’ll feel firm because they’re room temperature. Don’t bother cutting the opening for your hands/feet just yet. Note the heart on the exterior, that will be coming up next! You’ll also have a little baggie with some bands & clips inside, just set those next to where you’ll be doing your treatment since you’ll want them later.
2. March over to your (CLEAN!) microwave & place both of them inside. Microwave them on high heat for 90 to 120 seconds. Remove them & sit them next to each other in the are you’ll be sitting. (I assume you’ll be sitting but if you’re actually doing yoga or something….more power to you?)
3. You want to wait until the hearts on the front turn back to a dark shade meaning they’re ready to apply. While you’re waiting for them to cool off a bit, I recommend grabbing a big pair of socks or even towels to wrap around your hands or feet.
4. When the heart is dark, cut off the very tops of your boots/gloves with scissors. Use the elastics (or velcro if you have the gloves) to fasten them closed around the wrist/ankle.
5. Leave the treatment on for 15 minutes. It is going to cool down & like cooling paraffin it will become more malleable. This makes removal easier than expected.
6. Once the gloves are removed, rub in the excess oils into your skin with your hands.
To Store & Reuse- They come with small clips that you can also leave on when microwaving so you won’t have a mess. Store them with the clips somewhere out of the way until your next treatment. Recommended use is once a week.
Let’s break down the reason I really enjoyed both of these product & I’ll throw in some tips because I’m just that great, okay? I love that these are absolutely affordable treatments for me. If you break down the cost, you’re looking at $40 for one month which is 4 uses. That’s only $10 a pop! If you have dryness on your hands or feet & have looked at salon treatments before then you probably already know that’s a bargain & a half. I also found the treatment very relaxing & could really see the results afterwards- even in the days to come. The photo above is of my nice (now smooth!) hand 2 days after my treatment in between doing dishes & typing all day. I just had to stop & snap a picture, it is that impressive!
– Definitely use some kind of socks or towel with the booties! Both the gloves & the booties are rather large because they’re one size fits all (which is awesome because you’re getting a ton of product!) but this helps seal in more of the heat during treatment. Note Cobo above telling me how nice my booties smell beneath my mismatched socks. I know- I’m stylish.
– Apply after removing polish & cleansing hands/feet. The oils will really help treat dry nails & will help with texture issue. Most people don’t even realize their nails/cuticles are dry until this time of year but this will fix that!
– If you have long nails (hopefully on your hands…sheesh) have something to clean beneath your nails after the treatment like an orange stick or cuticle pusher. This will also help with your nail beds if you push cuticles afterwards.
– Apply before bed so your skin can really soak up all of the residual oils. Obviously you can do it anytime you want but I found it most relaxing after I had brushed my teeth & washed my face so I knew I didn’t really have to do anything else for the night!
– Convince spouse they need to rub your feet or else it won’t feel enough like a spa treatment. I’m just kidding but if you can con yours into it like I did mine then you’re totally set.
Now onto the giveaway! Thanks so much to Deanna Montrose who is the creator & founder of gLOVE Treat! I’ll be giving away a gLOVE Treat Enhanced Paraffin Wax Hand & Foot Treatment (that’s two different treatments, 8 in total!) to TWO winners! This giveaway is US only. Good luck everyone! XO