So when I thought of Black & White (the basis for this challenge) I immediately thought of newspaper nails. I have seen them all over the blogosphere but never physically tried them myself. I didn’t have regular newspaper so I actually used a CVS ad I had layer around that looks like it’s printed on something similar. I even have a black & white photo, booya!
Maybe it was because it wasn’t printed on regular newsprint, but this didn’t transfer all that well. It just looked alright. My right hand actually turned out a bit better, slightly darker. I found I had to topcoat it super fast or else it would smear though. Again, not sure if that’s because of the newsprint I used. My base is Circus by Andrea’s Choice in Reverso. It isn’t my favorite base but it worked alright. I didn’t want to use a great white since I was just trying it out.
The method I found worked best for Newspaper Nails:
1. Paint your nails a super light color, I chose white.
2. Make sure your nails are completely dry but not with a top coat.
3. Soak your nail in alcohol for like 15-20 seconds. Make sure its completely in there.
4. Going only one nail at a time, place a piece of newsprint over it. I found rolling it over & pressing firmly worked best. I did this for probably like 20-30 seconds each.
5. Lift off the newsprint with a rolling motion.
6. Repeat on your other nails
7. Seal with a top coat.
So that’s it! There is my black & white! I’m really glad I gave it an accent nail too. It lets the white glitter show on one side & the black on the other. I’m super excited to see what the rest of the ladies have come up with!
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby’s Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Gini at Sassy Paints
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
–Me, Myself, and Polish
– Robin Sparkles
If you want to join in on the 31 Day Challenge, just let Kimber know! She’s first on the list of participants 😉