|Photo Credit to HBO.|
1) I applied my face makeup as usual, although I am having some eczema issues so my skin is dryer than usual. I went with foundation I already have in a shade 1-2 lighter than my current. Use ELF HD Powder to set your look to perfection, it is super fine and makes your skin look smooth.
2) I then did my brows with my Wet N Wild Color Icon Brow pencil, 99 cents at your local drugstore. Then I used Hard Candy eye primer and let it settle in. While I waited I applied lip balm because the Milani Lip Flash Pencils can be a bit drying.
3) To begin the smoky eye, I used my Physicians Formula Gel Liner and applied to both inner and outer lids. Come up to make a point on the end. It doesn’t need to be perfect, you’ll have to touch it up at the end, but have your basics in line.
4) Your highlight shade will be the gold shade from the Wet n Wild trio “I’ve Got Good Jeans” which needs to cover from eyelashes to browbone. You can go a lot lighter than I did, I just wanted a more intense look for Halloween. If you want a lighter look, tap off the excess! These are extremely creamy and pigmented. Take this in the inner corners and bottom lashline as well.
5) I then took my Blackened Gold (for swatches of this collection click HERE) from The Body Needs. This is my favorite collection from TBN for obvious reasons, they’re gorgeous. Anyways Blackened Gold should be brought from lashline to crease, blending out and up. You don’t need a lot for the effect, it too is well pigmented and the gold and black is what you’re looking for.Also, take this in the outer corners of your lower lashline.
6) Take the MATTE black shade from the Wet N Wild 8 Color Palette in “Blue Had Me at Hello” to do a powder eyeliner. Be careful not to go all the way to your inner corner, we’ll be adding a highlight to brighten up that look next.
7) Take your favorite highlight for the inner corners. I used Almay Bright Eyes Duo in Cocoa & Pearl. Draw it on, then blend well.
8) Apply mascara as desired. I have been using my Falsies from Maybelline. I think it does a good job blending my acutal falsies and natural lashes as well. If you’re applying falsies, make sure you don’t go too heavy on this step so you can blend them better.
9) Apply your false lashes. My lash of choice lately are from KK Center and are ES 10 Pairs of Criss Cross Lashes but remember to trim your ends or you’ll end up looking crazy! For 10% off, enter the code BLGB462ST10 which will remain good until February 28th, 2012. This makes each pair of lashes around 55 cents and I reuse them. Apply mascara to both your real and false lashes to blend together. I like the criss cross ones for dramatic looks because they give me an awesome fullness to the base of my lashes. It looks a little uneven when my eyes are closed but that’s because due to a medical condition I have lost the lashes in my outer corner of that right eye. 🙁 For the super dramatic feather lashes in my umpkinette Look from KK Center HK, CLICK HERE!
10) Apply highlighter to both cheeks and top of lips on the cupid’s bow. My choice is ELF Highlight Stick in Spotlight, a lovely pearly white. I didn’t apply blush because I already have a pink undertone.
11) Apply pencil/primer to your lips if desired. If not, directly apply Milani Lip Flash in Hot Flash. Make sure to blot at least ones or it will slide around a bit and won’t last as long.