Are you a 50 Shades of Grey fan? I’m actually not…but I am in love with the collection OPI put out in dedication to it! I’ll have a review & swatches on all 6 shades soon but first I thought I’d share some fun nail art. I may not know much about the books but I do know about Jamie Dornan’s Suit & Tie that graced the cover. Check out my recreation using the OPI 50 Shades of Grey Nail Polish Collection!
This is a very basic design that you could recreate in a pinch. Even those that aren’t really all that into nail art could put this one together! Photographing it, however, was kind of a pain in the butt.
To create the accent nail of Jamie Dornan’s Suit & Tie:
1. Paint entire nail base color of OPI Cement the Deal. Let dry. Apply 2nd coat if needed.
2. Next we’ll be using the shade OPI My Silk Tie somewhat ironically. Create the top of tie by starting with a triangle at the very top middle of the nail with a striper or nail art brush. This will be the knot in your tie. Next create lines on both sides the bow out a bit to create the length of the tie. Go almost to the base of the nail just to get a clean line. Fill this in lightly with 1-2 coats of the polish for a clean base. Let dry completely.
3. Taking your brush apply a topper to the tie with OPI Shine for Me which I think gives the tie a bit more interest- almost like a pattern! This doesn’t need to be perfect but try to stay in the lines you created. Let dry completely.
4. With a black polish outline your tie. This is optional but I really think it helps it to pop against the gray which is a similar tone.
5. Last you take OPI Dark Side of the Mood & create a triangle shape on each side of the nail. If it makes you feel more comfortable you can take a striper & outline then fill in with the brush. I recommend two thin coats to cover the polish underneath & leave a clean finish.
6. After your accent nail is dry make sure to top with a fast dry topcoat. You don’t want it to smear so make sure you let it dry!
Pretty easy right? I’m REALLY happy with this collection so expect to see it on the blog soon! All of these shades are limited edition so be sure to snatch them up while you can! Anyone out there going to see 50 Shades of Grey in theaters? Have you picked up any of the shades in this collection?