When I reviewed the Smashbox Heat Wave Palette I had already decided a tutorial had to happen. I don’t do many foiled tutorials but they are always really pretty. This is a pretty easy tutorial & although it involves quite a few shades it is easier with a wet brush. At the end, you’ll have a lovely tropical eye look! Keep reading to find out how & a list of all products used!
Get the Look:
I went ahead & took my swatches & labeled them. They are in the same order as in the palette. If you need a refresher on anything about the palette, check out my full review here!
I recommend doing your eye makeup before foundation to avoid fallout. Use an eyeshadow base, I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. Apply shade #2 foiled as your base shade. Blend out with a bit of shade #7 on the outer corner. Foil shade #4 & apply the inner corner & under the lashline about 1/3 of the way. Blend with a bit of dry up to the crease staying towards the front of the eye. Apply shade #8 along the base of your lashline for the outer 2/3 of your under eye foiled & flip the edge out a bit. Blend blend blend! Make sure you especially blend your lower lashline, use on of the shades dry if necessary for a clean line. Take shade #1 dry lightly & blend up onto the brow bone & along crease edges. Finish with liner & mascara.
– Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
– Smashbox Heat Wave Palette (see the review & swatches here!)
– Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Deep Black
– L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black in Waterproof Black
– Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light
– Maybelline Super Stay Foundation in Sand Beige mixed with Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 in 805 Ivory (see my review here!). The Super Stay dried out my skin too much, next time I’ll mix it with something more moisturizing.
– Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer (in the pot) in 205
– L’Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer in Light
– Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 125 Very Fair
– Skindivania Skin Setting Spray
– Estee Lauder Blush in Naughty (review & swatches here!)
-L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral
– Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Melondrama (just a touch in the center)
There you have it! What do you think? Any other tutorials you want to see?